Dr. Jennifer Doudna is a member of the departments of Molecular and Cell Biology and Chemistry at UC Berkeley, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, along with the National Academy of Sciences, and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Fellow, American Academy of Arts and Sciences (2003)
- Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, the University of California, Berkeley (2003)
- Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Department of Chemistry, the University of California, Berkeley (2003)
- Faculty, Biophysics Graduate Group, the University of California, Berkeley (2003)
- Faculty Scientist, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawerence Berkeley National Laboratory (2003)
- Member, National Academy of Sciences (2002)
- Member, Board of Trustees, Pomona College (2001)
- American Chemical Society Eli Lilly Award in Biological Chemistry (2001)
- R. B. Woodward Visiting Professor, Harvard University (2000-2001)
- Alan T. Waterman Award (2000)
- Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute (1997)
- Searle Scholar, Kinship Foundation’s Searle Scholars Program (1996)
- Henry Ford II Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Center for Structural Biology, Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University (1994-2002)
- Lucille P. Markey Scholar in Biomedical Science, University of Colorado (1991-1994, Dr. Thomas R. Cech)
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School (1989-1991, Dr. Jack W. Szostak)
- Ph.D. Harvard University (1989, Dr. Jack W. Szostak)
- B.A. Pomona College (1985, Dr. Sharon M. Panasenko)
Lab Safety Officer
Contacting the Doudna Team
Thank you for your interest in contacting Jennifer Doudna. Given the number of requests that come in, please note that we might not be able to respond to all emails. To assist with a timely review of your message, please follow the guidelines below:
- For questions regarding Jennifer Doudna’s schedule, please reach out to Pattie Altizio at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- For media or speaking engagements, please email Jennifer Doudna’s PR contact Kaustuva Das at <email@example.com>.
- For other requests, please refer to the appropriate category below.